This post holds the secret to amazing yet simple wonton soup. Bye, bye takeout!
Winter may finally be ending (it’s going to be 80˚ by the end of the week!!) but let’s face it, it will never be too warm for soup.
Now to be completely honest, I’m pretty picky when it comes to soup. I know some people who can eat soup EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. without getting tired of it (*cough cough* my mom). I, on the other hand, can’t have it more than once a week without getting absolutely sick of it. There are, however, some exceptions to this, one of them being an amazing little bowl of heaven called Wonton Soup.
Okay okay, I’m a sucker for wontons or any dumpling for that matter. So that’s why it was absolutely necessary for me to find a low point option for this soup! There was just too much SmartPoint guessing and unknowing when ordering it out, plus making it at home is less expensive in the long run. Did I mention its super easy? I mean it’s barely 4 ingredients and takes minutes to prepare. Pair this soup with some 0 point chicken & veggie stir-fry & you have yourself some seriously healthy & simple Chinese food. I don’t know about you, but that’s my kind of meal.
So without further adieu, here is my super, super simple, 4 SmartPoint Wonton Soup recipe.
Serves: 1 | Time: < 10 minutes | SmartPoints: 4
- 8 Bibigo Chicken & Cilantro Wontons* (3 SP)
- 1 cup Chicken broth, fat-free (0 SP)
- 2 tbsp less-sodium Kikkoman soy sauce (1 SP)
- 1 tbsp (or more) of scallions (0 SP)
- A dash of garlic powder
- A dash of ginger
* Weight Watchers has a couple of homemade wonton recipes. Click here, here & here to check them out!
- Pour the chicken broth into a small pot and heat on the stove until boil.
- Drop frozen dumplings into the broth and cook for roughly 5 minutes or until thawed.
- Simmer on low, then begin adding the soy sauce and seasonings.
- Garnish with scallions & serve!
Not exactly groundbreaking… but it sure does hit the spot! Let me know what you think 🙂