This myWW Weight Watchers 0 SP Spiced Pears recipe is the sister to last year’s 0 SP Cinnamon Apples, and dare I say it’s even better?!
Disclosure: some blog posts and web pages within this site contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you click the link then purchase a product or service from the third-party website.
Compared to apples, spiced pears pack extra sweetness and juiciness, plus are the perfect toppers for your go-to oatmeals, pancakes, or cereals. Luckily, these gooey and tender pears can be yours thanks to a slightly adapted cinnamon apple recipe! So if you’re like me and have an abundance of pears in your house (don’t ask) then I suggest trying out the recipe below!
Weight Watchers WW Spiced Pears:
Time: 15-20 min | Smartpoints: 0 | Servings: 2
- 2 large D’Anjou pears
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I like using Frontier)
- a drop or two of vanilla extract (as long as its under 1 tsp, it will be 0 sp)
- 2 tbsp sugar-free maple syrup (I used Mrs. Butterworth Sugar-Free Syrup)
- 1/8 cup water (or less, adjust accordingly because pear size affects this.)
- Peel the skin off of the pears, then dice the pears on a cutting board.
- Pour 1/4 cup water in a small pot and drop the pears in. Begin cooking on medium heat to soften the pears.
- Add cinnamon and drizzle on the sugar-free maple syrup, then stir everything together so the cinnamon and sweetener coats all of the pears. Lid the pot and let them cook on medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, depending on the ripeness of the pears.
- If there is a lot of excess liquid, strain the pears. Or, to really kick up the flavor, jar the pears with liquid and store in the fridge overnight. TIP: don’t want to waste the excess strained liquid? Use it on French Toast or your pancakes!
- Enjoy hot, cold, alone, or as a side.
No matter what color plan you follow, these tasty pears will always be 0 smartpoints! Tag me on Instagram or shoot me a comment if you try this recipe! As always, wishing you a happy and healthy day 🙂