This myWW Weight Watchers Cinnamon Apple French Toast is low carb, low point, and extra delicious!
Disclosure: some blog posts and web pages within this site contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you click the link then purchase a product or service from the third-party website.
As much as I adore savory breakfasts, and admittedly eat them almost every day of the week, sometimes it’s nice to switch things up and throw something sweet into the mix. I mean, there are only so many eggs one can have in a week!
This Cinnamon Apple French Toast is one dish I can’t help but go back to time and time again. It is a myWW Weight Watcher friendly adaption of the French toast my mom used to make me growing up, and is a super warm and comforting way to start off the day.
And as much as these cinnamon and egg dipped toasts stand out on their own, topping them off with my 0 SmartPoint Cinnamon Apples really take them to the next level. Alternatively, these toasts taste great topped with 0 Cinnamon Spiced Pears or fresh berries with bananas.
Keep reading to learn how you can create this myWW Weight Watchers Cinnamon Apple French Toast at home!
myWW Apple Cinnamon French Toast
Serves: 1 | Time: 10 min | SmartPoints: 4 on Green, 2 on Purple and Blue
- 2 slices of low carb bread (I used Schmidt Old Tyme 647 Italian bread)
- 1 egg
- 3 drops of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of 2% milk or milk/non-dairy milk of your choosing
- 1/8 cup sugar-free maple syrup (I used Mrs. Butterworth, but Vermont’s is also great and lower in Smartpoints)
- Cooking spray
- Lose it Lyss 0 SmartPoint Cinnamon Apples, as desired
- In a shallow, medium sized bowl, crack the egg and add in the cinnamon, vanilla and milk and mix together to form the dipping batter.
- Heat a medium sized frying pan on a medium to medium-high heat, or set a griddle to 350 degrees.
- Dip the 2 slices of bread into the batter, one slice at a time, and be sure to flip the bread so the batter coats both sides. Leave bread in batter for 10 seconds on each side to absorb.
- Spray cooking spray on the pan or griddle (not needed if using non-stick) and cook the batter-filled slices for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Top with Lose it Lyss 0 SmartPoint Cinnamon Apples as desired, sugar-free maple syrup and an extra dash of cinnamon. ENJOY!
I hope you enjoy this sweet and comforting Cinnamon Apple French Toast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and wish you a happy and healthy day!