If you adore cinnamon rolls and are currently following a Weight Watchers myWW plan, then this recipe is for you!
Disclosure: some blog posts and web pages within this site contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you click the link then purchase a product or service from the third-party website.
INCLUDING STEP BY STEP PHOTOS ON HOW TO ROLL & CUT THE PERFECT CINNAMON ROLLS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
The Craving: Gooey and Warm Cinnamon Rolls
Welcome to every morning of my quarantine thus far.
And as anyone with the goal of losing weight knows, cinnamon rolls are high in calories and loaded with sugar, slowing down the weight loss process. These reimagined, Weight Watchers friendly cinnamon rolls are a great alternative for those keeping an eye on what they eat, thanks to a few tricks like utilizing Truvia Brown Sugar Blend or Swerve powdered sugar.
Another massive factor in lowering the caloric and Weight Watchers myWW Smartpoint value of these cinnamon rolls is the inclusion of 2-ingredient dough. For those not familiar, 2-ingredient dough is the result of mixing together a 1:1 ratio of non-fat plain Greek yogurt and self-rising flour. This extremely popular dough can be used to make bagels, pizza, donuts & more, and is significantly lower in Weight Watcher myWW Smartpoints compared to the real thing.
A Delicious Treat To Enjoy
These rolls are the perfect accompaniment to a hot cup of coffee or tea, in my opinion, and make for a great breakfast, snack, or dessert. Keep reading to learn how to bake this tasty treat at home!
Weight Watchers myWW Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Frosting
Serves: 8 | Time: 25 min; 10 prep time, cooking time 22 to 25 minutes depending on oven strength | SmartPoints: 3 on Green, Purple and Blue without icing, 4 SP with icing **value can be lowered when using Swerve**
Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
- 1 cup plain non-fat Green Yogurt (I used Fage)
- 1 cup self-rising flour (I used Aunt Jemima’s)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of light brown sugar (I used Truvia Brown Sugar)
- Butter flavored cooking spray
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients
This is an adapted version of SkinnyTaste‘s low-fat cream cheese frosting. Use milk to adjust consistency and turn the frosting into a glaze!
- 2 oz low-fat or 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar (using Swerve or a sugar-free powdered sugar would result in a lower point icing)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 – 1 tsp of milk to get a drizzle consistency
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine Greek yogurt, self-rising flour, and vanilla extract. Mix with a whisk or an electric mixer until a dough-like consistency forms. If the dough is still sticky, sprinkle in additional flour 1 tsp at a time.
- On a flat and clean surface sprinkled with flour, knead out the dough into a ball. Lightly coat a rolling pin with some flour so the dough does not stick, and begin rolling to form a 12×10″ rectangle. **photos below**
- In a separate bowl, mix together light brown sugar and cinnamon with a whisk until clump-free.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar mixture all over the rolled out dough and spread evenly. Leave a small amount of dough showing around the edges. Starting with the long edge, roll the dough tightly to create one long roll.
- Cut the singular roll into 8 individual rolls, beginning with one cut down the center. Continue to halve the sections until 8 rolls form. To get even and clean cuts, use a thread or some floss. HERE is a great video tutorial on how to evenly cut cinnamon rolls with dental floss! Note: these rolls can cut into even more slices, thus lowering their smartpoint value. Be sure to update the servings accordingly in your WW recipe builder.
- Line a 7 inch round pan or a flat baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with a butter-flavored cooking spray. Arrange the cinnamon rolls slightly spaced apart. Bake in the oven for 22 to 25 minutes, depending on the strength of oven. Cinnamon Rolls should be lightly browned. Let cool 10 minutes before icing.
Low-fat Cream Cheese Icing
- Add low fat or 1/3 fat cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract & milk into a bowl and mix together. Use the milk to adjust the icing consistency. Ice your cinnamon rolls and enjoy!
Cinnamon Rolls Photo Guide
I hope you love these sweet cinnamon rolls as much as I do! Let me know if you give them a try by leaving a comment on this post or by sharing photos of your recreation on social media, tagging me on Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest.
Looking for more cinnamon-filled Weight Watchers myWW recipes? Try some of my favorites below.
- 0 Smartpoint Cinnamon Apples
- 0 Smartpoint Spiced Pears
- myWW Cinnamon Apple French Toast
- Cinnamon, Maple and Brown Sugar Overnight Oats
As always, wishing you a happy and healthy day!