You’re going to want to eat this myWW Lighter Lemon Chicken EVERY night…trust me!
Disclosure: some blog posts and web pages within this site contain affiliate links, which means I may earn a small commission if you click the link then purchase a product or service from the third-party website.
If there’s one thing that’s gotten me through my weight loss journey over the past few years, it’s delicious and simple chicken dinners. Chicken breasts are 0 Smartpoints on myWW Blue (the plan I am currently following) and are so versatile.
Lemon Chicken…but lighter!
There’s just something about chicken prepared in a lemon sauce. Growing up, I always loved Chicken Francaise, and lately I’ve been craving it on a daily basis. Wish I was kidding.
While this is no traditional Chicken Francaise, this WW Lighter Lemon Chicken definitely has the flavoring covered, featuring fresh lemon juice, chicken broth, garlic and fresh parsley. The mushrooms really top it off (literally) and it’s a dish that’s honestly been on repeat at home since my latest Weight Watcher’s restart!
Whether you’re new to myWW or a veteran looking to try new things, this recipe is a must-try. Keep reading to learn how I make this simple and yummy myWW Lighter Lemon Chicken!
myWW Lighter Lemon Chicken
Serves: 2 | Time: 30 min | SmartPoints: 3 Blue and Purple, 7 on Green | Personal Points vary by plan**
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 4 pieces
- 1 cup Swanson Chicken Broth
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 8 oz pre-sliced cremini mushrooms or more as desired
- 1 lemon
- dash of salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic chopped fine, more as desired
- 1-2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Take each chicken breast and slice it in half into two thinner pieces, four total. In a medium sized bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, salt, pepper and garlic. Dip in each piece of chicken in the bowl to lightly coat.
- In a medium sized pan, add 1 tsp of olive oil. Heat to medium-high heat. Sear each slice of chicken until golden brown on each side. Place seared chicken in an oven safe pan or dish (I used a Pyrex pan). Squeeze half of the lemon onto the chicken slices.
- Add another tsp of oil to your pan, and cook the sliced mushrooms with salt, pepper and fresh garlic. Add chicken broth, the rest of the lemon juice, and fresh parsley to the pan to form the sauce. Pour sauce over chicken in pan, then cover the top of the pan with foil.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees, then place the chicken pan in the oven for about 25-30 minutes (depending on your oven)
Enjoy! This recipe yields two slices of chicken per serving, and serves 2.
As always, I wish you a happy and healthy day!